Low-carb Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
|January 10, 2011||Posted by alaine under Low-Carb, recipe|
I had to alter several recipes to get this. The hard part was to get a low carb casserole. Without flour to thicken things up, most casseroles end up runny. I ended up using a cream cheese and parmesan cheese sauce to thicken things up and it worked great. For the hard-core low-carb people out there, you can leave off the fried onions and add an extra layer of shredded cheese for a topper instead.
Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
By Alaine Baugher
10 oz. frozen broccoli
3 large chicken breasts (about 2 ½ lbs)
8 oz. cream cheese (onion and chive flavor)
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
10 oz. shredded colby and cheddar cheese
½ cup milk
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. Mrs. Dash seasoning
salt & pepper
3 oz. fried onions (optional)
1. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Sauté in soy sauce, Mrs. Dash, and salt and pepper to taste until fully cooked.
2. Thaw broccoli.
3. Mix milk, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese in a saucepan and heat until creamy.
4. Combine chicken, broccoli and shredded cheese in casserole dish, mixing thoroughly.
5. Pour creamy cheese mixture from step 3 into the casserole.
6. Spread the fried onions over the top.
7. Bake in an oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.